Gods omniscience


DE Deutsch EN English

This is well known: I see something that you don't see! It is?
When we were children. A game with the eyes. 


A strong statement


Notwithstanding thou shalt not build the house; but thy son which shall come forth out of thy loins, he shall build the house for my name. 2 Chronicles 6:9 (ESV)

Hagar the slave of Sarah had a heavenly encounter. Was comforted. Let me know what happens next with her.

And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me? Genesis 16:13 (ESV)



Hidden - discovered!

Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD.
Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD. 
Jeremiah 23:24 (ESV)



Lord, you see through me!

A Psalm of David. An astonishment at the mystery of God's reality, at his nature and work. According to Psalm 139

It is not a thinker who speaks in this psalm who circles around the deity and seeks to fathom it, but rather a prayer. Before I raised my gaze to you, your eye was already directed at me, searching and searching.

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me . Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.. Psalm 139:1-3 (ESV)


This is what David says, who has traveled many paths. On the run from King Saul. Those were threatening times.

God, my God, you see all my ways. You're with me. The prophet Nathan confirmed this long after David was king. God made David say:

And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth. 2. Samuel 7:9 (ESV)

Not only David had a companion, we also have Jesus walking by our side. All days!


Jesus promise

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:20 (ESV)

For there is not a word in my tongue, but , lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.  Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
Psalm 139:4-5 (ESV)



A rich consolation: You are with me!

Believing this gives security, peace and help in every situation. The awareness that he surrounds us banishes fear and worry.

You put your hand on me. This means: friendly, close, protective and blessing.

An unfathomable mystery.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
Psalm 139:6 (ESV)

Prayer: Lord, here is my heart, my God I give it to you! 


 

Author: Edith Waechter
Pictures: https://pixabay.com

 


Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Gottes Wunder sehen

Wenn der Orkan tobt (Teil2)

Wenn der Orkan tobt (Teil1)