Is suffering part of life?



DE Deutsch EN English

There is an unspeakable amount of suffering in this world. Of course, our own suffering moves us the most. We see a lot of misery before our eyes and at the same time recognize our helplessness.

Some people despair. Others accuse God because they believe that God must prevent misery.

We hear and see people on the run almost every day. Due to ongoing wars they have to leave their homeland.

Then thoughts come: Where are we going? What do we encounter? Will we come home again? An experience that causes heartache. The sufferings are different. You don't really want to listen or watch.


1. What does God's Word tell us?

Some believe that evil comes from God and accuse him of allowing misery, wars, disasters, illnesses, losses, etc.

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.
Proverbs 14:34 (ESV)





Gottes Gedanken:

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[2] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.
Jeremiah 29:11-12 (ESV)



2. What can we do?


Our help comes from the Lord! In our turbulent and uncertain times.



 
David shows us the way: afflicted, oppressed, but not defeated. I seek protection from you, Lord. Never let my enemies defeat me! Help me and save me, you righteous God! Hear my prayer!


Help me quickly! Take me to safety! Protect me like in a castle on a high mountain! You will lead and guide me as you promised! I entrust myself to you with body and soul, because you redeem me, Lord, faithful God!

Lord, have mercy on me, because I don't know what to do! My eyes are all puffy from crying.

I'm at the end of my strength. But I, Lord, trust you!
You are my God, I hold on to that!
Whatever time brings, it is in your hands.
Words from Psalm 31


3. Harassed, oppressed but not defeated

We humans always get into difficulties of various kinds. How do we react? David is an example for us. In his distress, surrounded by enemies, he prays:

 

  • I seek protection from you, Lord
  • Save me
  • Hear my prayer
  • Take me to safety
  • Lead and guide me
  • Count my tears
  • You see, Lord, I'm at the end of my strength
  • But I trust you
  • You are my God, I hold on to that!
 
Author: Edith Waechter
Pictures: https://pixabay.com/de

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Gottes Wunder sehen

Davids Helden

Göttliches Licht offenbart Gottes Herrlichkeit