Rescue from fear and distress



DE Deutsch EN English

The fear for the runaway child and the joy of seeing each other again:

I sat in the car in a forest parking lot and read the Bible. A child of around 4 years old who had run away from his parents from the restaurant bothered me a bit because he wanted to get into my car, which of course I didn't allow. I wanted to read my Bible undisturbed and I didn't want to scare the parents either.

When my car became quiet, I stopped paying attention to the child. Suddenly I heard the exciting call of the mother - Jürgen - Since after some time of calling and searching there was no answer, the father and friends quickly got into the car and searched the forest area.

Luckily, they soon found their Jürgen again. He had escaped into the children's playground opposite. After a successful search, the mother took Jürgen in her arms and hugged him.


1. The different types of fear
  • A woman's fears of giving birth
  • Fear, through threats to individuals or entire peoples
  • Fear of disasters and wars
  • Fear caused by illness
  • Fear that has to do with the certainty of salvation - violating God's commandments
  • Fear, through ideas that may never come true, etc.
He delivers the afflicted by their affliction and opens their ear by adversity. He also allured you out of distress into a broad place where there was no cramping, and what was set on your table was full of fatness. Job 36:15-16 (ESV)



This was Elihu's last speech. There are very good thoughts for us here too.
So he also tears you from the jaws of fear into a wide space where there is no longer any distress. These words are a good way to help you deal with fear properly.

What is fear? Fear contains the word “tightness!” Fear is the feeling when someone is cornered.

My eye wastes away because of grief; it grows weak because of all my foes. Depart from me, all you workers of evil, for the Lord has heard the sound of my weeping. Psalm 6:7-8 (ESV)




Fear includes enemies.
  • Fear is the opposite of calm.
  • One suffers from an indefinite threat
  • Ideas that you can't cope with
  • This paralyzes the courage and joy of life.

2. How does fear arise?

Jealousy, envy and hostility arise from clumsy behavior. Which then, as it still does today, can lead to war. Like right now. The terrible images of war. How many innocent people have to flee. Never see their familiar parental home again. How many deaths are mourned every day? This suffering scares many people because they are threatened by it and often cannot find a way out.


3. Ways out of fear and distress

The following Bible verses show ways to deal with fear:

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)




For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” Isaiah 41,13 (ESV)
 
 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7 (ESV)


II have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33 (ESV)


He wants to save all people and lead them into the fullness of God. You can breathe a sigh of relief. Jesus promised abundant life to everyone. He sees our fear. Go to him in your time of need. The Lord always leads out!

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10,10 (ESV)




These promises are true and tangible. Come to Jesus the Savior today. He atone for all our sins on the cross. It also gives you opportunities to find ways out of fear.

Author: Egon Waechter
Pictures: https://pixabay.com/de/

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Gottes Wunder sehen

Wenn der Orkan tobt (Teil2)

Wenn der Orkan tobt (Teil1)