Encouragement



DE Deutsch EN English


1. Words of encouragement

You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
Psalm. 32:7-8 and 10-11 (ESV)


God wants to surround us like a bodyguard. He wants to protect us when the enemy attacks us. When dangers approach, or we go through times of need. But then the psalm also speaks of joy. The source of our joy is the Lord.


2. The expression of joy

A poet's question to his friend: When the poet Carpani asked his friend Haydn why his church music was so joyful, the great composer gave an excellent answer: “I can't make it any other way. I write down what I feel in my thoughts. And when I think of God, my heart is so full of joy that the notes just dance and jump out of the pen. God has given me a cheerful heart, and he will forgive me for serving him with a cheerful spirit.”


Who exult in your name all the day and in your righteousness are exalted.
Psalm 89:16 (ESV)


The dictionary describes the loud shout of joy over God's saving actions as shouting.

God’s people can shout for joy because they have experienced the “salvation of God” in Jesus Christ. Her soul has become whole through the forgiveness of her guilt.

But anyone who is ashamed before God because they have done something wrong can ask Jesus for forgiveness. He took our shame and guilt upon Himself; the cross bears witness, I am forgiven. As God's Word also confirms:


If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 (ESV)



3. Life-giving words with eternal value

Jesus was insulted with contemptuous words. Two criminals hung next to him:

One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us! Luke 23:39 (ESV) 

And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.”And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”Luke 23:41-43 (ESV) 

The Word of God wants to tell us that everyone who believes in Jesus Christ the Savior has eternal life. He can be happy. As the psalm words above say, he can shout for joy and thank God for salvation.
 

In a beautiful song we sing:
I thank You, Jesus, that it was Your goodness
who paid the price and saved me
I thank you, Jesus, that it was your grace
who took the sin of the whole world on her shoulders

The love of the Savior has triumphed.
When you conquered death on the cross
If I was redeemed, I was redeemed

Done, done, it's done
The path is now clear into your presence

Gerd Medien music publisher

Author: Egon Waechter
Images
1 to 3 AI images: https://www.bing.com/images/create

4: https://pixabay.com/de/

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Gottes Wunder sehen

Davids Helden

Göttliches Licht offenbart Gottes Herrlichkeit